Friday, November 28, 2008
Back to the future???
My precious grand, R, says she wants to be a baby again (she is #2 of 4, middle girl). Her humorous daddy wants to know, "where can I sign up for that one?". :) I picked up R, cradled her little 3 yr old frame in my arms and she told me to "just stay like this". I would have LOVED to just hold her until she either fell asleep or wiggled free BUT time did not allow me to hold her just-like-that as Grandpa was waiting on lunch.
After laughing at the humor of R and her daddy, I got to thinking...........would I want to be a baby again??????? In times that overwhelm, the idea of someone taking over and being in complete control of my world sounded like a pleasant relief. BUT WAIT! ISN'T GOD IN COMPLETE CONTROL?? CAN'T I STAY AN ADULT AND JUST REST IN HIM?? Then the thought progressed to Jesus. Didn't He go backwards to being a baby? BUT NO WAIT........He didn't go from human adult back to baby, HE WENT FROM ETERNALGODDESERVINGOFALLGLORYSTEPPINGOUTOF
HEAVENTOBECOMEADEPENDENTHUMANBABYINOBEDIENCETOTHEFATHER
TOBESAVIOUR FOR US (those who trust and obey Him)!!!!!!!! WOW! The Christmas story! What He did back then for our future... known from the beginning... in His love for us..........Happy Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
hey gma! I haven't seen this pic (in your profile) of you and the littleuns. I love it! T
Post a Comment